Question about Yamaha FZR 600 Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Bank angle sensor tripped and ignition/light key switch not cycled to the "OFF" position and then back to the "ON" position.
5. Faulty starter button/switch.
6. Faulty jiffy stand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
7. Security alarm needs a reset.
8. Starter control circuit, relay, or solenoid faulty.
9. Main fuse or circuit breaker blown or faulty.
10. Electric starter shaft pinion gear is not engaging or over-running starter clutch slipping.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please visit the websites below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Will Not Turn Over The FZR Forum
96 fzr 600 wont start pleeeze help me
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Mar 24, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Does the bike have a sidestand switch that cuts the power if the stand is left down? If it does, disconnect it and temporarily join the ends together and try starting....
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
SOURCE: bike wont start
You have to check the starter motor,prolly the brushes are gone . Also check the connections from battery to the solenoid and from the solenoid to the starter.
Knight (Yamaha seca XJ750A 1981)
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
Testimonial: "you were dead on, been awile since i've been on here, but i replaced that starter and now she cranks over, but still takes forever to fire up"
check your fuses first should be one under seat and maybe by head light then battery connection make sure it si tight leave key on the whole time you do these tests then try to jump off the starter with rubber ended screw driver touch positive to a ground then check connections to key switch with test light if u are getting power to the key switch and nothing happens order a new key switch bike will not fire unless switch is making contact with battery good luck let me know how it goes
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 10, 2013 | 1992 Yamaha FZR 600
Jan 05, 2013 | 1991 Yamaha FZR 600
May 21, 2012 | 1991 Yamaha FZR 600
Mar 24, 2012 | 1995 Yamaha FZR 600
Feb 13, 2012 | 1990 Yamaha FZR 600
Oct 27, 2010 | 1993 Yamaha FZR 600
Aug 05, 2010 | 1993 Yamaha FZR 600
May 29, 2010 | 1989 Yamaha FZR 600
Mar 31, 2010 | 1994 Yamaha FZR 600
Apr 15, 2009 | 1991 Yamaha FZR 600
Mar 29, 2013 | 2008 Yamaha TTR230
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: