Question about 2007 Piaggio Fly 50
Fly 50 four stroke, 2007. Brand new carb. Have not adjusted any of the factory carb settings. Simply installed new carb out of box. Starts fine, choke working. Warms up, rides fine, up to 35 mph. When I shut it off, it will restart just fine. If it sits for about 15 minutes, it takes at least six or seven attempts to re-start it. I'm not applying any throttle so I doubt a flooding problem. Only occurs when warm and sits for 15 minutes or longer. Any suggestions? BTW, Only 900 miles on scooter.
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or have an improper gap or are partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition.
3. Battery damaged or nearly discharged, should have 12.5 volts.
4. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Throttle controls not adjusted correctly.
6. Water or dirt in the fuel system.
7. Water or dirt in the carburetor.
8. Faulty fuel pump.
9. Intake air leak.
10. Fuel tank vent hose and vapor valve plugged, or fuel line closed off, restricting fuel flow.
11. Enricher valve inoperative.
12. Engine lubricant to heavy (winter operation).
13. Ignition is not functioning properly (possible sensor failure).
14. Faulty ignition coil.
15. Valves sticking.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Modern Vespa Piaggio Fly 50 with intermittent starting problem
My Piaggio 50 Won start
PIAGGIO MSS Fly 50 4T Workshop Manual
Piaggio Fly 50 4T 2005 2012
Posted on May 23, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2017 | Piaggio Motorcycles
May 05, 2016 | Piaggio Motorcycles
Jul 29, 2014 | Craftsman Garden
Yes = getting fuel (Go to 2)2 - Does the plug have spark? It should be a BRIGHT blue spark.
No = Not getting fuelCarb is probably blocked/dirty
vacuum fuel valve faultyCheck carb has fuel in it. Open the drain screw on the bowl of the carb and see if any fuel is released.
If so, the vacuum valve is fine.
Oct 02, 2013 | 2010 Piaggio Fly 50
Jun 07, 2012 | Motorcycles
Feb 19, 2012 | 2007 Piaggio Zip 50
Apr 12, 2017 | 2011 Piaggio Fly 50
Aug 08, 2011 | 2006 Piaggio Fly 50 4T
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: