Question about Yamaha YZF-R6 Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous if your headlight is not working, keeps burning out, blinking, or is dim the first thing you need to check is the headlight bulb for damaged filaments then check your light circuit fuse, then check your head light bulb socket ground wire for a clean tight connection, that being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty ground or power supply wire to headlight bulb socket.
2. Worn down solder contacts or loose fit of the bulb base in the socket due to vibration.
3. Worn, chaffed, or broken wires in the light circuit.
4. Corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets in wire connectors.
5. Faulty hi/lo beam switch.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Fuse is good but no continuity on both sides.
8. Faulty wiring between battery positive and headlight bulb socket.
9. Weak charging alternator/generator.
10. Faulty voltage regulator/rectifier ground or overcharging.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
1999 2002 Yamaha YZF R6 Service Manual R6 Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Sep 06, 2016
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If there is too much voltage to the headlight, it is also too much voltage for the rest of the electrics. A resister will not solve the problem. A voltmeter across the battery terminals should show around 14v with the engine running, If it is much more you will probably need a regulator, which I believe may be built in to the alternator. Make sure your battery is in good condition,
Posted on May 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2012 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jul 06, 2012 | 2003 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jun 17, 2012 | 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6
May 24, 2012 | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6
Apr 20, 2012 | Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorcycles
Mar 18, 2012 | 2003 Yamaha YZF-R6
Jan 13, 2012 | 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6
Apr 07, 2011 | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1
Mar 08, 2010 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: