Question about 1997 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Hi,the sons 535 only sparks on front pot. fitted new rear coil ,,same,, swapped coil wires ,,rear pot sparks, non on front,,test light on grey and orange wires at tci, grey makes bulb glow and orange makes it really bright, earthed on cylinder, swapping wires on coils I believe both coils, leads, caps and plugs ok as sparks ok from original coil Read up on T;net and earthed battery to frame. earth cable under tank sorted,put earth on black at block with grey and orange coil wires, had side stand up/down clutch lever cabled to bar,switches on bars operated but still no spark on rear pot. any ideas or shall I break it,,,please..
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting / leaking, spark plug cable connections loose.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module or CDI box.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Probable Solution to the Firing on One Cylinder Issue 50MPH at WOT No More
Yamaha XV 535 DX Virago Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Jul 06, 2016
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 30, 2016 | 2002 Yamaha Road Star Midnight
Nov 08, 2016 | KTM Motorcycles
Oct 25, 2016 | Suzuki VS 1400 Intruder Motorcycles
Jul 28, 2016 | 2003 Yamaha XVS 250 Dragstar
Jan 03, 2014 | Motorcycles
Aug 03, 2013 | 1993 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Aug 06, 2012 | 1985 Yamaha XJ 900 F
Aug 02, 2009 | 1988 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Jul 09, 2009 | 1996 kawasaki GPZ 1100
Jul 05, 2009 | 1988 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: