Question about Harley Davidson XLH Sportster 883 Hugger Motorcycles
Oil lite comes on at idle when hot and oil pressure drops to 0 at idle with new gauge
Posted by Anonymous on
Do an oil pressure test with a know good oil pressure tester gauge. If really low etc could be thinned out/contaminated/old oil and/or defective pressure release valve OR more.
Posted on Oct 18, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: low oil pressure at rocker box
The Ironhead Sportys have a tendency to do this when the Gerotor Gear Set is worn. These are the thin set of drive gears in the oil pump. HD Part # 26492-75. Do you have a problem WET SUMPING? This is when the oil drains from the reservoir into the crank case if the bike sits for a period of time and when you attempt to start it pukes oil from the breather tube. If so you need to check these gears. Gerotor Gear Sets inner/outer clearance should be .000 the shaft should have a clearance of .0005 and the feed gear height in the pump should be .011. Normal operating pressure when hot should be 4 psi at idle and 10-20 psi at 3500 rpm. The pumps generally have issues before the rocker bushings.
Posted on May 01, 2009
Several things could be at play: Type or weight of oil, confirm this first. Not to question the rebuild but if not done properly (improper bearing clearances, too large) the oil pressure can be low and perhaps a worn pump too. While I am unfamiliar with the engine and oil pump loaction I'd check it if your able too. You'll probably need a good set of feeler gauges to check this if these clearances are outside of the pumps limits the pump will be less able to create pressure; this is of course more evident when the oil heats up.
Another cheap fix is to use a heavier weight oil.
Hope this might help,
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
Before listening to the doom merchants try this first. Make sure the oil seal in the timing case (not points cover - the crankshaft one) is the right way round (spring side showing) and seated OK. When fitting case oil up the seal well and turn engine over (plugs out) while tapping the case home gently with your fist - if this seal is not dead right it will alow enough oil passed it to throw the pressure switch open without causing any damage. Had my T140 32 years.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
SOURCE: 2009 ultra classic / check
Revove power comander& see w/ happens...I have a 09 flh also I installed a TFI fuler..
Engine light being on. That is the sign there is a Code that is stored. This may help you.
Harley iagnostic Codes
To access codes
1- Turn Ignition switch to OFF & Run/Stop switch is to Run.
2- Push odometer reset button in & hold.
3- Turn ignition switch to Ignition and release odometer reset button. Background lighting sould illuminate, speedometer needle should sweep its full range and indicator lamps (battery, security, low fuel, check engine and cruise) should illuminate. The word ¡°diag¡± should then appear.
4 - Push the odometer reset button once and you will see the selection menu "PSSPt" (on mine the ¡°t¡± looks more like a ¡°¨\¡± )with the first P flashing.
5 - Each letter represents an area of the diagnostics module. The module that is flashing is the one you are going to check. To move from one letter (module) to the next, you push the odometer reset button one time. (from P to S to SP to t and back to P, etc.)
P = ECM/ICM (Electronic Control Module [EFI] / Ignition Control Module [Carbureted])
S = TSM/TSSM (Turn Signal/ Turn Signal Security Module)
SP = speedometer
T = tachometer
To get the DTC within an area of diagnostics, push and hold the odometer reset button in for 5 seconds and release. If there are any DTC¡¯s the code will be displayed or the word ¡°none¡± will appear if there are no DTC¡¯s. Push the odometer reset button again to view additional codes if they exist.
1 - Record the codes.
2 - If DTC¡¯s are not to be cleared, Press and release the odometer reset button. Part number of module will be displayed.
NOTE: To determine if a code is current or historic, clear the displayed code by pushing in and holding the odometer reset button ( longer than 5 seconds) until 'clear' comes up. Release the odometer reset button. Turn OFF the ignition switch. Run your bike and shut it down then recheck the DTC¡¯s again by repeating steps 1 to 3 If the code is current it will reappear.
4 ¨C Press and release the odometer reset button to continue to the next module.
5 ¨C Turn Ignition switch to OFF.
On models not equipped with a tachometer "No Rsp" will appear when the tachometer identifier is selected.
"No Rsp" will also appear if the run/off switch is in the off position when doing this procedure.
HFSM = Hands Free Security Module
TSM = Turn signal module
1. P0605 ECM FLASH Memory Error
2. P0603 ECM EEPROM Memory Error
3. U1300 ECM Serial Data Low
4. U1301 ECM Serial Data High
5. U1097 Loss of Speedometer Serial Data to ECM
6. U1064 Loss of TSM/FSFM Serial Data to ECM
7. P1003 System relay contacts open
8. P1002 System Relay Coil High/Shorted
9. P1001 System Relay Coil Open/Low
10. P1004 System Relay Contacts Closed
11. P1009 Incorrect Password
12. P1010 Missing Password
13. P06415 V+Vref 1 Out Of Range
14. P06515 V+Vref 2 Out Of Range
15. P0373 CKP Sensor Intermittent
16. P0107 Map Sensor Open/Low
17. P0108 Map Sensor High
18. P0374 CKP Sensor Synch Error
19. P1600 EFI Module Processor Internal Error
20. P1270 TGS Validation Error
21. P2107 EFI Module Processor Internal Fault
22. P2122 TGS1 Low/Open
23. P2123 TGS1 High
24. P2127 TGS2 Low/Open
25. P2128 TGS2 High
26. P2138 TGS Correlation Error (Twist grip sensor)
27. P0120 TPS1 Range Error
28. P0220 TPS2 Range Error
29. P0122 TPS1 Low
30. P0123 TPS2 High/Open
31. P0222 TPS2 Low
32. P0223 TPS2 High/Open
33. P2135 TPS Correlation Error
34. P2119 EFI Motor Throttle Body Range Performance
35. P2100 EFI Motor Circuit Open
36. P2101 EFI Motor Circuit Range Performance (Actuation Error)
37. P2102 EFI Motor Circuit Low
38. P2103 EFI Motor Circuit High
39. P2176 EFI Closed Position Not Learned
40. P1514 Air Flow Fault
41. P2105 EFI Forced engine shutdown
42. P1501 Jiffy Stand Sensor Low
43. P1502 Jiffy Stand Sensor High
44. P0572 Brake Switch Low
45. P0117 ET Sensor Low
46. P0118 ET Sensor High
47. P0112I AT Voltage Low
48. P0113I AT Voltage Open/High
49. P1351 Front Ignition Coil Driver Open/Low
50. P1354 Rear Ignition Coil Driver Open/Low
51. P1352 Front Ignition Coil Driver High/Shorted
52. P1355 Rear Ignition Coil Driver High/Shorted
53. P1357 Front Cylinder Combustion Intermittent
54. P1358 Rear Cylinder Combustion Intermittent
55. P0261 Front Injector Open/Low
56. P0263 Rear Injector Open/Low
57. P0262 Front Injector High
58. P0264 Rear Injector High
59. P0562 Battery Voltage Low
60. P0563 Battery Voltage High
61. P0501 VSS Sensor Low
62. P0502 VSS Sensor High/Open..
63. P1356 Rear Cylinder No C...[Message truncated]
Posted on Aug 16, 2011
Testimonial: "Cleared codes. Cleaned air filter, changed plugs, set gap .38 manuel spec, Old plugs were set at.49! Don't know what I did, but ran good! Thank You!"
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 17, 2014 | 1994 Isuzu Trooper
Oct 07, 2013 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Jul 06, 2012 | 2011 Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide
Oct 21, 2011 | 2002 Jeep Liberty
Jul 06, 2017 | 1988 Volkswagen Cabriolet
Nov 29, 2010 | 1999 Jeep Cherokee
Oct 16, 2010 | 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Jul 23, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet S-10
Apr 26, 2010 | 1994 Ford F350 Crew Cab
Mar 27, 2010 | 2005 Nissan Altima
141 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: