Question about Yamaha Royal Star XVZ 1300 A Motorcycles
I had the battery tested, and the results was a good battery. Motorcycle is not charging the battery during use.
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous in order to check out any main system electrical circuit, you have to start with a fully charged battery 12.5 volts or better, and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
1. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
2. Check the voltage drop at the battery when you hit the starter button, anything below 9 volts you might have a faulty battery.
3. Check voltage at the battery with the bike running at 3,600 RPM should be 14.3 to 14.7 volts. If you are not getting these numbers, you might have a faulty voltage regulator.
4. Make sure voltage regulator is "GROUNDED" and functioning properly, watch the video below on how to test a voltage regulator.
5. Unplug the connector to the alternator and hook your multimeter leads to the alternator (pin/socket selection does not matter) set the multimeter to AC volts, at an idle the meter should read 16 to 20 volts AC. at 2,000 RPM 32 to 40 AC volts, 3,000 RPM 48 to 60 AC volts. If you are not getting these numbers, you may have a faulty rotor, follow step 6
6. Set the multimeter to OHM'S, connect one lead to the alternator (any pin/socket) and the other to a ground, the meter should read infinity. Connect both leads to the alternator meter should read 0.1 to 0.2 OHM'S. If you are not getting these numbers, you have a bad stator.
7. Check all wiring in the charging circuit for worn or chaffed spots and all wiring connectors in the circuit for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets, which is the # 1 offender.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below Good luck and have a nice day.
The Venturers Yamaha Venture Technical Support Library
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA XVZ1300A Owner Manual
Posted on Apr 15, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: My Suzuki gsx400E -82 doesn't
Sounds like the starter is dragging, when the bike gets hot the starter barely turns. And those bikes don't actually have an alternator. It's like a magneto system that keeps the battery from draining, but doesn't actually charge the battery. I would take the starter off and have it tested.
Posted on Jul 31, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2017 | Motorcycles
Mar 13, 2016 | Motorcycles
Feb 04, 2016 | TVS Motorcycles
Aug 18, 2014 | Motorcycles
Apr 25, 2014 | 1989 GMC Sierra
Oct 26, 2012 | Triumph Daytona 600 Motorcycles
Jul 10, 2012 | Mtd Garden
Jul 31, 2011 | 1981 Suzuki GSX 400 F
Apr 09, 2011 | Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
May 12, 2009 | 1985 Honda VF 1100 C
16 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: