Question about 1988 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
Acts like running on one cylinder.
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, carburetor and/or filter.
12. Old dead or bad fuel.
13. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
14. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
15. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
16. Damaged carburetor.
17. Incorrect valve timing.
18. Weak or broken valve springs.
19. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
20. Check for engine trouble codes
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Probable Solution to the Firing on One Cylinder Issue 50MPH at WOT No More
1981 1994 Yamaha XV Twin Service Manual Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Dec 01, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 27, 2017 | Yamaha Motorcycles
May 03, 2016 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Mar 13, 2016 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Sep 17, 2014 | 1986 Yamaha XJ 700 S Maxim
Jun 25, 2014 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Apr 12, 2013 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Sep 03, 2012 | 1981 Yamaha Xv750 Virago Xv 750 Xv-750...
Aug 08, 2012 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jul 11, 2011 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Oct 26, 2010 | 1989 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
Jan 10, 2018 | Motorcycles
Jan 06, 2018 | Sym Motorcycles
16 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: