Question about 1998 Honda XRV 750 Africa twin
Wiring problem to start
Hi, Kjell and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Thread 1998 xrv750 will not start
Honda Motorcycle Wiring Diagrams
1987 2002 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin Service Manual Moto Data Project
Honda XRV 750 Owner Manual
Posted on Aug 03, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi, Christy a service manual would help for more information about your question and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
honda magna 750 v2 vacuum line routing Google Search
1994 honda magna 750 fuel lines
Posted on May 05, 2016
Tips for a great answer:
May 01, 2016 | 2005 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
Jun 16, 2015 | Garden
Feb 06, 2015 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Oct 01, 2013 | 1999 Dodge Dakota
Jan 31, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 28, 2012 | 1994 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency
Sep 23, 2009 | 1996 Oldsmobile Achieva
Aug 28, 2009 | Bosch Washing Machines
Mar 20, 2009 | Refrigerators
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: