Question about 1992 Honda CBR 600 F(2)N
Fuel mixture settings
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous it should be noted that the "AIR FUEL" mixture screw adjustment "ONLY" manages your idle and has no effect on any other circuit also any intake leaks must be repaired before the A/F adjustment procedure can be performed otherwise you will never obtain a proper idle and you will waste a lot of time chasing the impossible. The A/F mixture screw's purpose is to fine tune the fuel charge entering the combustion chamber. The following applies to both 2 and 4 stroke engines:
1. The mixture screw may be sealed at the factory with a Welch Plug please review the following video for removal.
2. The mixture screw manages a range of 3 complete 360-degree counterclockwise turns from the bottom/closed position.
3. The mixture screw should have a spring and o-ring for tension and sealing integrity.
4. Turn the mixture screw clockwise until it gently bottoms out, this makes the fuel charge very lean and the engine should not idle if it does then the pilot/idle jet is too big and needs to be replaced with the next size smaller.
5. Turn the mixture screw 1 and 1/2 turns counterclockwise to establish a baseline for starting the engine.
6. To fine-tune the idle circuit, adjust the mixture screw 1/4 turn in or out to achieve maximum idle RPM, wait 15 seconds between each adjustment for the idle to settle.
7. Never go past 3 full turns out this will make the fuel charge rich, foul plugs, and produce black smoke out of the exhaust, if the engine RPM keeps increasing past 3 turns the pilot/idle jet is too small and needs to be replaced with the next size larger.
8. After achieving maximum idle back out the mixture screw another 1/8 of a turn then adjust the throttle cable idle stop screw to 950-1050 RPM.
9. This procedure works great on 99% of all engines, for the 1% that demand a more robust throttle response on aftermarket monster fuel delivery systems additional tweaking outside the box may be necessary.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Air fuel mixture screw question CBR Forum Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR...
99 Honda CBR 900rr carburetor removal and air fuel adjustment
Honda CBR600F4I 2001 Service Manual
Honda CBR600F4i Owner Manual
Posted on Aug 13, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2016 | 2004 KTM SX 450 racing
Sep 14, 2015 | 2006 Hero Honda Splendor+
Mar 17, 2015 | Motorcycles
Nov 01, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 14, 2014 | Aprilia Leonardo 125 Motorcycles
Jul 13, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 26, 2012 | Harley Davidson FXDWG - FXDWGI Dyna Wide...
Apr 09, 2010 | 2000 Honda CBR 600 F(4)Y
Feb 01, 2010 | 1993 Ford Explorer Limited
19 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: