Question about 2008 Gilera Runner SP 50
I have a Gilera 50cc front runner, the kick start works fine, the battery is fine and works, the indicators are working, when I try and start it with the key it doesn't work but the lights will come on as if it has started, the speedometer went first, is it a fuse issue? I haven't checked them yet, as soon as the kickstart works the speedometer works as normal it worked when I rode it to my interview then decided not to when I tried to start it up with my key
Hi, Luke before testing any electrical component in the Starting System it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage, the battery is faulty and must be replaced. AGM type batteries fall into this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
4. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
5. FOB battery low or dead.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand, clutch, neutral safety switch.
9. Security alarm needs a reset.
10. Starter relay, solenoid, starter have failed or circuit wiring faulty.
11. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
12. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
13. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
14. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Gilera DNA electric start not working
Scooter Troubleshooting Scooter won start All about Scooters
Gilera RUNNER 50 2000 Parts
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jun 21, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
have you checked the switchs?..all wires are on them..& 1st check the fuse as not blown...the regultor charges the battery....so if the battery is fully charged the indicators & horn should still work..i would look for a wireing fault 1st...hope this helps
Posted on Jan 26, 2010
if the horn and the indicators are on the same handlebar maybe it is a problem with the operation there?
Posted on Feb 06, 2010
Testimonial: "i will try that ,thanks for your advice"
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2018 | 2011 Gilera Runner SP 50
Mar 18, 2017 | Gilera Runner VX 125 Motorcycles
May 19, 2016 | Gilera Motorcycles
Mar 17, 2013 | 2005 Gilera Runner VX 125
Mar 30, 2010 | 2005 Gilera Runner VX 125
Jan 26, 2010 | 2005 Gilera Runner VX 125
Nov 24, 2009 | 2006 Gilera Runner VX 125
Aug 08, 2009 | 2005 Gilera Runner VX 125
May 20, 2009 | 2005 Gilera Runner VX 125
Mar 10, 2009 | 2005 Gilera Runner VX 125
Jun 29, 2014 | 2008 Gilera Runner SP 50
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: