Question about 1996 Honda VF 750 C Magna
I push the start button and hear nothing and it won't start
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous before testing any electrical component in the Starting System it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage, the battery is faulty and must be replaced. AGM type batteries fall into this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
4. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
5. FOB battery low or dead.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand, clutch, neutral safety switch.
9. Security alarm needs a reset.
10. Starter relay, solenoid, starter have failed or circuit wiring faulty.
11. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
12. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
13. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
14. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
What Do Check When My Motorcycle Won Start Honda Shadow Forums Shadow...
Honda Magna VF750C Service Manual
Honda 1995 VF750C Magna Owner Manual
Posted on Jul 03, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2014 | 1996 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Mar 12, 2014 | 2002 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Jan 29, 2014 | 1996 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Jan 17, 2013 | 1996 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Jun 23, 2012 | 1996 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Jun 08, 2011 | 1996 Honda VF 750 C Magna
May 10, 2010 | 1996 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Jun 13, 2009 | 1994 Honda VF 750 C Magna
Apr 23, 2018 | Suzuki Motorcycles
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!