Question about Harley Davidson FXST Softail Standard Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition or leaking.
3. Spark plug gap to close or to wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Damaged wire or loose connections at battery terminals,
ignition coil, or plug between ignition sensor and module.
7. Intermittent short circuit due to damaged wire insulation.
8. Water or dirt in fuel system, carburetor or filter.
9. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
10. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
11. Damaged carburetor.
12. Loose or dirty ignition module connector at crankcase.
13. Faulty MAP, CKP, and or CMP sensors.
14. Incorrect valve timing.
15. Weak or broken valve springs.
16. Damage intake or exhaust vale.
This should keep you busy for awhile. Good luck
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on May 01, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2015 | 2008 Lincoln Navigator
Apr 04, 2014 | Toshiba e-Studio 350 Copier
Mar 04, 2014 | 1999 Mercury Villager
Jul 22, 2013 | 2007 Saturn Vue
Mar 23, 2011 | Toys
Mar 21, 2010 | 1999 Suzuki Vitara
May 30, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: