Question about 2001 Harley Davidson XL 1200 C Sportster Custom
Runs very rough shortly after starting
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, on a 2001 XL 1200C there is no Crank Position Sensor, it is called a Cam Position Sensor and is located behind the timing plate on the cam cover. For running roughly the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition or leaking.
3. Spark plug gap to close or to wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Damaged wire or loose connections at battery terminals,
ignition coil, or plug between ignition sensor and module.
7. Intermittent short circuit due to damaged wire insulation.
8. Water or dirt in fuel system, carburetor or filter.
9. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
10. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
11. Damaged carburetor.
12. Loose or dirty ignition module connector at crankcase.
13. Faulty MAP, CKP, and or CMP sensors.
14. Incorrect valve timing.
15. Weak or broken valve springs.
16. Damage intake or exhaust vale.
This should keep you busy for awhile.
Please visit website below:
Harley Diagnostic Trouble Codes
Posted on May 02, 2015
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 04, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 28, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 02, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 10, 2014 | 2004 Buick Rendezvous
May 20, 2014 | Bosch 0261210147 Crank Position Sensor
Nov 15, 2011 | 1992 Pontiac Sunbird
Aug 13, 2011 | 1992 Chevrolet Lumina
Jan 22, 2011 | 1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
Oct 14, 2009 | 1996 Pontiac Grand Am
173 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: