Question about 2000 Yamaha V-Max
When I take off the motor will cut out at mid throttle then pick up
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, carburetor and/or filter.
12. Old dead or bad fuel.
13. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
14. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
15. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
16. Damaged carburetor.
17. Incorrect valve timing.
18. Weak or broken valve springs.
19. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
20. Check for engine trouble codes
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Yamaha Vmax VMX17C 2009 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha VMAX VMX17 Owner Manual
Posted on Dec 02, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 18, 2016 | Homelite Garden
Dec 14, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 10, 2015 | 1995 Buick LeSabre
May 15, 2012 | Garden
May 01, 2011 | KTM SX 125 Motorcycles
Jun 21, 2010 | 1984 Volvo 760
Feb 15, 2010 | 1995 Volkswagen GTI
Nov 19, 2009 | Dishwashers
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: