Question about 2006 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Does not miss when you get into the throttle
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking.
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Intake air leak.
10. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, carburetor and/or filter.
11. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
12. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
13. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
14. Damaged carburetor.
15. Incorrect valve timing.
16. Weak or broken valve springs.
17. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Carburetor Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on May 02, 2016
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 11, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 01, 2013 | 2001 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Jan 13, 2013 | 2005 Chevrolet Venture
Oct 10, 2012 | Yamaha V Star Classic 650 Motorcycles
Jul 17, 2012 | 2001 Ford Windstar
Apr 20, 2012 | 1996 Pontiac Grand Am
May 29, 2011 | Chevrolet C1500 Cars & Trucks
Feb 12, 2011 | 1988 Mitsubishi Galant
Jan 17, 2018 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLSTC - FLSTCI...
Jan 06, 2018 | Sym Motorcycles
18 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: