Question about 2008 Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing
2008 Goldwing will not start. Cranks over fine, but will not fire. Fuel is about a year old.
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
HELP my bike won start GL1800 Information Questions goldwingdocs com
Goldwing won start
Honda GL1800 Service Manual
Goldwing Honda GL1800 2008 User Manual
Posted on Aug 14, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Honda GL 1200 Aspencade Gold
I am TOLD that: Most motorcycle have the vin number on the steering head (that is located behind the headlight or fairing. If it has a fairing it will be hard to see. If the frame is the original there should be a sticker or tag located there on one side with the numbers on it and stamped on the frame on the other side. All HONDA goldwings model are located there..
I can't vouch for this being true on the Goldwing, but it sounds convincing
Posted on Feb 28, 2011
SOURCE: What non synthetic oil is
From reading countless opinions of other Goldwing owners, it seems the majority prefer Mobil Delvac 1300 Super Motor Oil 15W-40 and the
Purolator PL14610 PureONE Oil Filter.
I have been using this oil and filter on my 2008 GL1800 with 6000 mile change intervals and haven't had any problems. I currently have 33,*** miles.
Posted on Sep 25, 2012
Hi, Anonymous for this scenario you will need your service, parts fiche, and owners manual if you can't find the best tool you ever bought for your Honda, despair not, for a mere zero $0 you can download another one. For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing and printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
What spark plug gap GL1100
How to remove analyze gap and replace your spark plugs GL1100 DIY Articles...
Honda GoldWing GL1100 Service Manual
Honda Gold Wing GL1100 Owner Manual
Posted on Jul 30, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2017 | 2005 Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing
Jun 28, 2014 | 2008 Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing
Apr 07, 2014 | 2005 Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing ABS
Apr 13, 2013 | 2008 Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing
Feb 27, 2013 | 2008 Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing
Aug 09, 2012 | 2008 Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing
Jul 25, 2012 | 2008 Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing
Jul 12, 2012 | 2008 Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing
Jul 10, 2012 | 2008 Honda GL 1800 Gold wing Deluxe
Apr 24, 2012 | 2008 Honda GL 1800 Gold wing Deluxe
Aug 19, 2010 | 2008 Honda GL 1800 Gold Wing
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: