Question about 2000 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
How do I test ignitor box on my 99 vstar
Hi, Robert and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting / leaking, spark plug cable connections loose.
6. Faulty ignition coil or ignition / electronic module
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below Good luck and have a nice day.
How to test motorcycle pickup coils
Posted on May 02, 2016
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2014 | 2005 Suzuki Boulevard C90T
Apr 28, 2014 | Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar Motorcycles
Jul 13, 2017 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jul 15, 2012 | 1999 Yamaha V Star Classic
Apr 17, 2010 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...
Oct 16, 2009 | 2002 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Aug 08, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel GC913 - Stainless Steel...
Jul 21, 2009 | Boating
Jan 20, 2009 | Heating & Cooling
May 23, 2018 | Motorcycles
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: