Question about Honda Motorcycles
How to charge battery from tmx 155 engine
Hi, Synographics the best way to charge a battery is slowly. I like to use this analogy, would you rather be awakened from a deep sleep with gentle nudging or a violent kick in the rear.
1. Remove battery and check for corroded or damaged terminals clean any dirt, corrosion or electrolyte that is on top of the battery as this will cause premature battery drain, inspect for cracks and swollen/expanded sides which are a sign of overheating and replacement should be seriously considered.
2. Acid plate type batteries should be checked with a hydrometer with recorded readings for each cell to be compared with after charging readings and for sulfation, the cell will appear milky, and incorrect acid level. Fill low levels with distilled water to upper level and remove acid from over filled cells with hydrometer until the level is at the upper mark and dispose of acid in the sink mixed with a quart/liter of water.
3. Connect a voltmeter set on the DC scale to the battery and record the reading for comparison after charging.
4. Attach a drain hose that is not pinched, kinked, or plugged to the nipple on acid plate type batteries and let the other end hang into a plastic or styrofoam cup.
5. Connect a 1-2 amp trickle charger that has automatic charge rate reduction if possible and let charge for 24 hours.
6. After charging recheck each cell with a hydrometer a 100% fully charged cell will have a specific gravity reading of 1.270-1.280 and 1.180-1.190 has only a 25% charge battery should be load tested and considered for replacement if necessary. Reconnect your voltmeter and
any readings in the 10-volt range means you have a dead cell and the battery needs to be replaced. Readings between any 2 cells of 50 points or more indicate the battery has failed and needs to be replaced.
7. No maintenance AGM or GEL batteries need to have a voltmeter reading of 12.8-13 volts for a full 100% charge and 12.2 volts is only a 25% charge and should be load tested and replaced if necessary.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Motorcycle Battery Charging System Explained
Honda TMX 155 2013 service manual DOWNLOAD FREE FULLMANUALS COM
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Aug 21, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: how to clean the honda
The main issue is usually the jets get clogged due to gas sitting in the bowl for extended periods. the simplest solution is the remove the carb and remove the bowl and needle and float. Then, if possible, remove the main jet and air tube and also the idle jet (the smaller one ) (remove the jet from the bottom and gently push the air tube out from inside the carb body). Then clean the jets in carburetter cleaner in a glass jar.over night.
Take a piece of electric "zip" chord and strip back the insulation to expose the wiring which is very fine copper . use one of those strands to clean the jet until you can see through it and see no deposits or roughness. do the same for the idle jet. reassemble take care on the air tube because it is likely "keyed" in to a certain alignment.
Posted on Apr 13, 2011
To buy them cheaper then the Stealership, Take a bearing out and look for the 4 digit # on the side ( ex.6025). Then buy them anywhere.
Posted on Sep 12, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 25, 2014 | Honda Motorcycles
Aug 24, 2013 | Honda Motorcycles
Oct 05, 2012 | Honda Motorcycles
Aug 27, 2012 | Honda Motorcycles
Jan 24, 2012 | Honda Motorcycles
Sep 09, 2011 | Honda Motorcycles
Aug 14, 2011 | Honda Motorcycles
May 30, 2011 | Honda Motorcycles
Mar 27, 2011 | Honda Motorcycles
Feb 16, 2011 | Honda Motorcycles
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!