Question about 2005 Harley Davidson FXSTB - FXSTBI Night Train
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition or leaking.
3. Spark plug gap to close or to wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Damaged wire or loose connections at battery terminals,
ignition coil, or plug between ignition sensor and module.
7. Intermittent short circuit due to damaged wire insulation.
8. Water or dirt in fuel system, carburetor or filter.
9. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
10. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
11. Damaged carburetor.
12. Loose or dirty ignition module connector at crankcase.
13. Faulty MAP, CKP, and or CMP sensors.
14. Incorrect valve timing.
15. Weak or broken valve springs.
16. Damage intake or exhaust vale.
For a prime suspect please visit website below:
Big Twin Carb EFI DTC Intructions codes Harley Davidson Forums Harley..
Posted on May 07, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2005 ultra classic.when i turn
Maybe a bad ground Batt to the frame, often the nut that hold the ground cable is rusted., you have to remove the nut and scrape the area that hold this nut ans cable
Posted on May 12, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 07, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 20, 2015 | 2008 Toyota Tacoma
May 04, 2014 | 2009 Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide
Jan 03, 2014 | 2006 Harley Davidson FLHTI Electra Glide...
Dec 29, 2013 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jan 08, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 24, 2012 | 2005 Ford F-150
Mar 27, 2012 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Feb 04, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 22, 2009 | 1991 Honda Civic
85 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: