Question about BMW G 650 Xmoto Motorcycles
Will not stay running in all types of weather starts and then stops
Hi, Rodney the following applies to carbureted also fuel injected models and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or damaged battery, 9 volts or lower.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
11. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
12. Fuel tank empty.
13. Gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
14. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
15. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
16. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397320 2001 2005 BMW F650CS Service Manual Moto Data Project
BMW Motorcycle Parts Fiche OEM BMW Motorcycle Parts online 1970 present BMW
Posted on Jan 02, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 13, 2014 | 2005 Buick Rendezvous CX
Sep 06, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 23, 2011 | Motorcycles
Aug 28, 2011 | 1994 Cadillac DeVille
Feb 01, 2010 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium...
Apr 26, 2009 | 1991 Lincoln Town Car
Jan 24, 2009 | 2000 Mercury Mountaineer
Dec 26, 2008 | 2004 Jaguar X-Type
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: