Question about Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Intermittent missing/cut out of power
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition or leaking.
3. Spark plug gap to close or to wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Damaged wire or loose connections at battery terminals,
ignition coil, or plug between ignition sensor and module.
7. Intermittent short circuit due to damaged wire insulation.
8. Water or dirt in fuel system, carburetor or filter.
9. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
10. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
11. Damaged carburetor.
12. Loose or dirty ignition module connector at crankcase.
13. Faulty MAP, CKP, and or CMP sensors.
14. Incorrect valve timing.
15. Weak or broken valve springs.
16. Damage intake or exhaust vale.
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on May 07, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Your bike's timing can only be adjusted through an interface to your ECM like the Screamin Eagle Race Tuner. Have you made any changes to the exhaust or intake? Have you added and aftermarket item like a Power Commander? changes in these areas could account for the problem you are having. hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2013 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHR-FLHRI Road king
Mar 04, 2013 | 2008 Harley Davidson FLHRC Road King...
Dec 18, 2012 | 2008 Harley Davidson FLHRC Road King...
Mar 23, 2012 | 2002 Harley Davidson FLHR - FLHRCI Road...
Jul 12, 2011 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHR-FLHRI Road king
Sep 14, 2010 | 2006 Harley Davidson FLHR Road king
May 15, 2010 | Harley Davidson Harley-Davidson FLHR Road...
Nov 02, 2009 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
May 18, 2009 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHR-FLHRI Road king
Apr 25, 2009 | 2008 Harley Davidson FLHRC Road King...
89 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!