Question about 2011 Aprilia SportCity Cube 125
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, the following applies to carbureted also fuel injected models and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or damaged battery, 9 volts or lower.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, O2, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
9. . Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
10. Fuel tank empty.
11. Gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
12. A faulty fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
13. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
14. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Posted on Oct 22, 2015
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Bike won't rev up
i have had a lot of experience in this bike, the parts are really hard to get hold of from experience. this did happen to me but mine had a 65 bore kit on it and it turned out to be the bearings. there is not much that can stop a two-stroke bike reving up like that as the mechanics inside are very straight forward. a good tell tale is to check the inside of your sump plug, if there are filings on it as it is magnetic, this is more than probably the bearings and will need rebuilding. really sorry if this is nto the answer you are looking for.
Posted on Feb 26, 2009
yes buddy as the rs125 dont have fans on the radiators so the faster you go the more are passes through the radiator to cool it down dont worry abour it buddy there built for this or if your not happ install a fan your self also just make sure you have coolant in there
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
The VIN would tell you this if you know how to read it. If you don't merely call a dealer and give them the number and they will tell you since they would want your parts business. An alternative method would be to merely test the acceleration of your bike. Look online for the times of both models. I haven't heard of a 14bhp aprilia but suppose it's possible. Here are some specs I dug up."RS 125 Standard" Topspeed=170kph/105 mph. Acceleration=0-100kph/0-60mph 6.6 seconds (at sea level). Racing track Aprilia RS 125 topspeed=220kph/140mph Acceleration 0-100kph/0-60mph 5+/-seconds.
Posted on May 03, 2010
Testimonial: "really helpful info thanks"
Check the TORQUE PULLEY and crankshaft pulley!
Torque pulley usually has this big spring to push the the inner side of the pulley to grip the v belt, this pulley moves that depends on ur speed, and the outer side of the pulley has a drum that holds the clutch lining.
These clutch linings have also springs that holds the clutch linings.
Usually the noise would be these springs malfunction or the entire pulley have loosen the main NUT!
Anyway, u could study how to dismantle that kind of scoot in You Tube!
Hope that make u learn much 'bout scooter!
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 05, 2017 | 2008 Aprilia SportCity 250
Oct 01, 2013 | 2007 Aprilia Sportcity 125
Jun 27, 2013 | 2011 Aprilia SportCity Cube 125
Apr 20, 2013 | 2011 Aprilia SportCity Cube 125
Dec 12, 2012 | 2007 Aprilia Sportcity 125
Mar 10, 2011 | 2007 Aprilia Sportcity 125
Jul 06, 2010 | 2007 Aprilia Sportcity 125
Dec 13, 2009 | 2007 Aprilia Sportcity 125
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: