Question about Harley Davidson Motorcycles
I have a 07 heritage classic that some time runs rough and tries to die when your stopping this is most times after its been ran for about 30 minutes any suggestions would be appreciated
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition or leaking.
3. Spark plug gap to close or to wide.
4. Faulty ignition coil, module and or sensor.
5. Battery nearly discharged.
6. Damaged wire or loose connections at battery terminals,
ignition coil, or plug between ignition sensor and module.
7. Intermittent short circuit due to damaged wire insulation.
8. Water or dirt in fuel system, carburetor or filter.
9. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
10. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
11. Damaged carburetor.
12. Loose or dirty ignition module connector at crankcase.
13. Faulty MAP, CKP, and or CMP sensors.
14. Incorrect valve timing.
15. Weak or broken valve springs.
16. Damage intake or exhaust vale.
For a prime suspect please visit website below:
Big Twin Carb EFI DTC Intructions codes Harley Davidson Forums Harley... Good luck
Posted on May 08, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This happened on my bike while in destin, the ft. walton dealer said it was a stator and wouldn't make it back to atl. checked the system and found a loose cable on the negative post, tightened it up and no more problems. start with the simple things...
Posted on May 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 18, 2014 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage...
Oct 18, 2013 | 2007 Harley Davidson FLHTCU Ultra Classic...
May 07, 2013 | Motorcycles
Aug 08, 2012 | 2007 Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide
Nov 17, 2010 | 2004 Harley Davidson FLSTC - FLSTCI...
May 15, 2010 | 2001 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!