Question about 1990 Yamaha TZR 250
Backfire at idle
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage check for spark leakage in the dark.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Yamaha TZR250 1987 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Dec 06, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 13, 2013 | Yamaha TZR 250 Motorcycles
Mar 23, 2012 | 1990 Yamaha TZR 250
Aug 08, 2011 | 1988 Yamaha TZR 250
May 25, 2011 | 1992 Yamaha TZR 250 R
Apr 01, 2011 | Yamaha TZR 250 Motorcycles
Feb 10, 2011 | 1987 Yamaha TZR 250
Dec 25, 2010 | 1987 Yamaha TZR 250
Nov 28, 2010 | 1991 Yamaha TZR 250 R
Nov 03, 2010 | 1990 Yamaha TZR 250
Jul 10, 2009 | 2004 kawasaki KX 250 F
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: