Question about Suzuki SV 650 S Motorcycles
I have a sv650s i have the bike a while and have not had any huge issues no until i went to a garrage to get led indicators fitted in the end i didnt get them put in but they were semi removed at first my bike is fittd with a alarm . when i was driving home up the motor way it was verry wet i noticed that if i gave the bike full throttle there was no response the sound seemed to have changed and when i stopped it cut out it sounded as though it was not fully working . this problem occur a few times after usually when riving in the rain i am woundering weather it is to do with the alarm or the eletrics as they are linked
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a "LOAD" test if necessary, your battery may show 12.5 volts but have little or zero amps and needs to be replaced.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, stator, magneto, points/condenser ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
11. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
12. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
13. Fuel tank empty.
14. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
15. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
16. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
17. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Sv650s loss of power cutting out
Suzuki SV650 Service Manual
OEM parts for Suzuki
Suzuki SV650 Owner Manual
Posted on Apr 12, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
fuel problem the flots are a bit sticky and the bike is flooding under power this is a common problem
hope this helps
Posted on Jun 17, 2009
Sounds like you have either got water in the system or poor connections.
You can use something like dielectric grease on each connector. It is a bit of a pain having to open and close each connector on your bike, but once you've done it, you shouldn't need to do it again for a long, long time.
Posted on Jun 29, 2009
hey i had one of these myself until it got write off today, not very good when you hit the side of a van at 30mph lol.
I only got around 60 miles before i had 2 fill up just check the fuel system for air leaks coz a pipe came off mine and it just drank fuel also check the fuel to air mixture.
Posted on Aug 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2015 | 1994 Yamaha XJR 400
Aug 08, 2014 | 2001 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Apr 08, 2014 | Honda Varadero 125 Motorcycles
Jan 25, 2013 | 2004 Suzuki SV 650
Sep 05, 2011 | 1999 Triumph Daytona 955i
Sep 04, 2011 | Hyosung SMR 510 Motorcycles
Sep 06, 2010 | Yamaha RD 350 Motorcycles
Mar 27, 2009 | Gilera Runner VX 125 Motorcycles
Jan 15, 2009 | 2006 Suzuki SV 650 S
Jun 07, 2015 | Suzuki VL 125 Intruder LC Motorcycles
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: