Question about 2011 Yamaha WR125X
The bike is trying to start but wont ignite. The bike is four months old
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous your spark plug cable may be faulty or loose or has come off and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched or kinked.
8. Carburetor float stuck.
9. Fuel injectors clogged.
10. Severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
11. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
12. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and CDI box.
Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
13. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty MAP, CKP, O2, TPS, sensors.
14. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
15. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
16. Faulty CDI box.
17. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
18. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
19. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
YAMAHA WR125R Owner Manual Checking The Spark Plug
5 Reasons Youre Seeing the Electrical Outlets Sparking in Your Home
Yamaha Wr125 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA WR125R Owner Manual
Posted on Dec 06, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: yamaha yz125 wont start...
hello there guys, listen a top tip is when the engine's cold tip the bike almost right on its side nearly touching the floof, wait for the petrol to poor out of the carb over flow pipe, this should take a matter of a few seconds, stand the bike back up again and kick and that baby should start right up, if it does then you have a problem with your float, if it still doesn,t then take it to a shop and get them to check it out, hope this helps. regards sam
Posted on Jan 24, 2009
The spark plug is in the center of the cylinder head you will have to remove the gas tank to get to it. When you change the plug put a little gas down the hole that should help it start after sitting for so long.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
SOURCE: My Yamaha 125 YBR was
First of all, never start any vehicle without a battery.
The charging system will try to put out potentially destructive voltages attempting to recharge a non-existing battery.
What you need to check now is power to the ignition circuit.
Specifically, try testing at the + of the ignition coil?
If you do have current, then it is the distributer ignition that is bad.
If not, then it is the ignition control unit that is bad.
But both can be tested by most parts places, before buying a new one.
Posted on Jan 25, 2011
SOURCE: No spark to spark plugs.
That bike has two coils that often go bad, and also it has a semi solid state breaker ignition system that often causes problems. You should join a site for Yamaha maintenance, where you can partake of the members knowledge. see: http://www.yamahaclub.com/forums/topic/8640-1982-yamaha-maxima-650/
Posted on Apr 24, 2011
Testimonial: "Thanks for the lead. "
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 30, 2016 | Triumph Motorcycles
Sep 22, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 06, 2013 | 2011 Yamaha WR125X
Aug 24, 2012 | 2009 Yamaha WR125X
May 23, 2011 | 2003 Yamaha TT-R 250
Apr 24, 2011 | Yamaha TX 750 Motorcycles
Dec 29, 2010 | BMW G 650 Xcountry Motorcycles
Aug 01, 2010 | 1991 Honda CBR 1000 F
Sep 26, 2009 | Yamaha XT 600 E Motorcycles
Oct 22, 2008 | 2001 Ford Focus
Aug 22, 2017 | Motorcycles
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: