Question about 1997 Suzuki GSF 1200 Bandit S

1 Answer


Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 40 Answers

Take the ignition lock out and have a locksmith make a new key for it. If the ignition key also unlocks another part of the bike (e.g. a helmet lock or security lock) it's often easier to remove one of those. I'm assuming you don't have this problem as a consequence of stealing the bike ;-)?

Posted on Jun 04, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Lost key to1999 how to over ride security for restart of

Take title and registration with your VIN number (shown on title) in your name and dealership will cut a new key.

Nov 29, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Ignition Stuck!!

Hose it down with some WD40 and run the key in there a few dozen times. it should loosen it up. If that doesn't work, your going to need your title to the bike and the bike at a locksmith so they can cut you a new key. the vin on the title and frame of the bike has to match too.

Mar 24, 2013 | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R6

1 Answer

Lost key to 1984 Honda Motorcycle, 500cc Honda VT bike

On many old Hondas you will find a number stamped onto the lock cylinder of either the ignition, gas tank, or helmet catch. Go to the dealer with this number and your title, and the dealer will cut you a key matching your bike. If this isn't an option a professional locksmith can use instruments to size up and cut a key for you just by examining the lock. However, this is generally quite expensive.

Sep 03, 2012 | Motorcycles

1 Answer

Lost key and need to hot wire to start

Your stuck buying a new switch. Too many thefts going on and that info isn't legal to give to you. Make sure you bring your TITLE with you when you order a new switch.

Apr 22, 2012 | 2001 Buell M2 Cyclone

1 Answer

Lost key and need to hot wire to start

Your stuck buying a new switch. Too many thefts going on and that info isn't legal to give to you. Make sure you bring your TITLE with you when you order a new switch.

Apr 22, 2012 | Buell M2 Cyclone Motorcycles

2 Answers

Lost Key

You must provide title/ownership of the bike first. Next, go to a Harley dealer (or call for starters) being able to validly provide the info just mentioned and the VIN number. A key may be able to be made on sight or Harley Davidson will mail you one. If this is not possible, you may have to purchase a new ignition switch. Which, quite honestly, is not too difficult to replace.

Mar 24, 2012 | Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King Classic...

1 Answer

Lost my key need a new one to start it and i dont have a clue how to take the ignition out my bike is a 97 gsxr 750

Why not unbolt the tank lockable cap if it is the same key. Then a new key can be made by a locksmith. Got to be cheaper than a new lock and switch!

Jan 24, 2011 | 2005 Suzuki GSX-R 750

1 Answer

I lost my key does the key have a chip in it an were do i go t get another one what can it cost

take your vin code from door,dash or title to a Ford dealer title works best they can usually make a new one

Nov 15, 2010 | 1998 Ford Expedition

1 Answer

Lost the key to start the bike. How do I get a new

There should be a number/letter code stamped on the ignition switch. Write that down and go to your local Yamaha dealer for a new key. He will want proof of ownership (title) before he cuts a new key. You might also ask one of the local locksmiths to assist.
Good Luck

Mar 30, 2010 | 1985 Yamaha FZ 750 FT (U.S.)

1 Answer

Buying bike with no title. if it has a lein can i get a dif. fram

First, run the serial number by the cops, they can tell you if it is stolen or not, they should then be able to give you the name of the registered owner, who you would need to contact to get the title papers replaced. then do a lein search. It may cost a few bucks but is cheaper then stripping it down and rebuilding,Second, the frame and the engine are both numbered, it would be good to check both.

Hope this is of some help.

Apr 28, 2009 | 1993 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)

Not finding what you are looking for?
1997 Suzuki GSF 1200 Bandit S Logo

478 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Suzuki Experts


Level 3 Expert

76630 Answers

Arnie Burke
Arnie Burke

Level 3 Expert

4533 Answers


Level 2 Expert

83 Answers

Are you a Suzuki Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides