Question about 2002 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Head light does not come on until you cross jump silinoide I know that silniode is bad but it has'nt blown any fuses could igniter be bad I have no fire coming from coils my bike was running fine shut it down for 3 hours. went to start it and it blew the carb to intake hose off the left side. I changed the plugs and it started fine a little rough then just died cranked on it again for 1 1/2 min then changed the other two plugs it started and ran a little rough, it ran for 5 min then quit no sputtering just quit. tried to restart it and it just spins over wont start. so i put the plug to the head and cranked it and the spark was weak and orange could it be the coil and how can I test it
Hi, Kinwin and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Discharged battery, needs to be 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a "LOAD" test, your battery may show 12.5 volts but has little or zero amps and must be replaced.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting, leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or CDI or electronic control module.
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
No Fire solved Thanks Everyone
How to diagnose no spark situation on motorcycle
Honda SHADOW VT1100 Owners Workshop Manual
Honda Shadow VT1100 Owner Manual
Posted on Mar 30, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: honda cbr 600 wont start
hi, each lead has the specific number on it. if you do this correctly then they genrally give you an idea to where the sit in the coils( the way they bend :-) ) also i believe the coils are better off been attached to the frame once you are sure leads are in corect order and possitioned correctly in the coils.i just presumed the coils neaded earthing. make sure battery is pleny charged as a bad battery can just hinder. it is also very easy to flood the bike so just check the plugs again. if they are unusually wet then dry them off and try again . otherwise maybe try cleaning all electics.
hope this somehow helped
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
Look around the engine oil drain plug and fill area and see if there is an electric sending unit( small plug with a prong for a wire) that is screwed into the engine if so check to see if its unplugged / could be a low oil cut off switch that kills all power to the ignition if the oil is to low ( or the wire is unplugged)
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2015 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Sep 16, 2014 | Garden
Nov 22, 2013 | 1984 Chevrolet K1500
Jun 14, 2011 | 2005 Ford Expedition
Sep 21, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
Aug 19, 2009 | 2003 Ford Excursion
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: