Question about Honda Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Scooter Troubleshooting Scooter won start All about Scooters
Scooter won start
Posted on Sep 06, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I guess you mean 85 Goldwing GL1200Under LH side-panel unscrew retainer screw above battremove leads neg 1st, remove breather tube, pull battery out top 1st
Posted on Jan 07, 2012
Testimonial: "Yes thank you very much. Easy as pie when you know how."
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2014 | Honda XR 230 Motard Motorcycles
Feb 03, 2014 | 2006 Honda Metropolitan
Jan 03, 2014 | Honda Motorcycles
Oct 23, 2013 | Honda Motorcycles
Dec 02, 2012 | 2005 Honda VT 750 DC Shadow Spirit
Jul 11, 2011 | Honda Motorcycles
Feb 25, 2011 | 2005 Honda VT 750 DC Shadow Spirit
Jun 02, 2009 | 1995 Honda CB 250 Nighthawk
May 30, 2009 | 1989 Honda GL 1500 Gold Wing
Apr 10, 2009 | 1997 Honda VF 750 C Magna
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!