Question about Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or damaged battery.
2. Loose, corroded or broken battery cable.
3. Alternator not charging or below normal rates.
4. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
5. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Water or dirt in fuel system, carburetor or filter.
8. Fuel tank vent system plugged or gas cap not venting.
9. Fuel tank empty.
10. Fuel valve vacuum line broken or carburator vent line closed off.
11. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
12. Failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
For a prime suspect please visit website below and good luck:
Harley Davidson Sportster error codes and how to access them
Posted on May 14, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Could be the fuel filter but I'd bet money on the fuel tank vent. Loosen your fuel cap and take a ride. Don't take the cap off, just loosen it a bit. If that cures the problem, buy a new fuel cap.
Posted on Apr 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 04, 2014 | Motorcycles
Jun 30, 2012 | Harley Davidson FLSTC Heritage Classic...
Jun 01, 2011 | 2003 Harley Davidson XLH 883 Sportster
Sep 02, 2010 | 1989 BMW R 80
Apr 18, 2010 | 2001 Harley Davidson FLHRCI Road King...
Mar 27, 2010 | 2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Dec 03, 2008 | 1989 Chevrolet Cavalier
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!