Question about 2001 BMW R 1100 R
Hi, Mike if you have a CKP sensor it needs compression to send the correct signal to the ICM/ECM, make sure both spark plugs are in heads and use a grounded third plug to check for spark or hold spark plug cable close to spark plug in the head. If still not getting spark the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting / leaking, spark plug cable connections loose.
5. Faulty ignition coil or ignition / electronic module
6. Failed CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
7. Faulty ignition switch.
8. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
R1100RT No Spark Please Help BMWSportTouring Forums
Help My new R1100S died and has no spark
1993 2000 BMW R1100RT R1100RS Service Manual Moto Data Pr BMW Motorcycle Parts Fiche OEM BMW Motorcycle Parts online 1970 present BMW
Hints and advice for BMW bike motorcycle owners K1 K75 K100 K1100 bulb...
Posted on Jan 03, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2011 | 2003 Chevrolet S-10
Sep 09, 2011 | 1985 Toyota Pickup
Jul 03, 2011 | Harley Davidson XLH 1000 Sportster...
Jun 07, 2011 | 1988 Ford F 250
Oct 04, 2010 | 1989 Jeep Wrangler
Sep 01, 2010 | 1987 Dodge Dakota
Mar 19, 2010 | 1986 Buick LeSabre
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: