Question about 2006 Honda CBF 1000 ABS
No smell of petrol engine turns over but will not start battery is fully charged fuel injector light does not come on when starting bike
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
CBF 1000 no starting
HONDA CBR WONT START TRY THESE TIPS http://www.aerosmith-songs.com/honda-cbf-1000-service-manual.pdf
Honda 2006 CBF1000 Owner Manual
Posted on Sep 08, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: honda cbr 900 94 wont start
hi m8,, having a head ache i see,, my m8 had one of these,, still has,, and had the same problem, i see u have checked a few things there ,,and convinced they are ok,, then ,check u dont have an air leak in the air box,, and all clips are secure, and that u havent creased the fuel or vacume pipes under the tank,,if all is ok, behind the rear side panel is the aluminium lookin cdi box ,or ignitor, with about 5 or 6 wires connected to it,, u need to get this tested ,, or borrow 1 and try it,, there about 130 quid new, so test it 1st,, this does play up,, and 1 min it runs great,, next day 2 miles up the road itl stutter ,,or stop,, any probs m8,, shout and i will anserw,,cheers
Posted on Jan 30, 2009
It all seems to be leading to fuel starvation. Have you checked the tank breather is not blocked which can be a small hole in the petrol cap or a tube from under the tank. It could also be a blocked fuel filter. There should be two. One inside the fuel tank under the petcock, another before the fuel pump. Here is the workshop manual where you can find all info you will ever need for this bike.
Hop this has been useful, rate me if it has...?
Thanks and good luck.
Posted on Apr 24, 2009
SOURCE: Fuel leak underneath bike
Most likely comes from the carburetor's overflow tube.Start looking in there to rule out the possibility of overflowing.If it is so you need carbs cleaning and adjusting.
Posted on Jun 07, 2009
Try starting it then pull the plug out right after trying if the plug is wet you have to much fuel and the float is stuck or has a hole in it and it is most likely your problem if you have fire. if it is flooded you can pull out the spark plug and clean it and kick the motor over to get excess gas out of the cylinder try installing it again then start it, does it fire up? if it does it's flooded due to the problem listed above. If it does not start pull plugs out again add a cap of motor oil in the cylinders and if the plugs are dry reinstall plugs and see if it runs, If it does it may have stuck rings the capful of oil will make the rings seat once this happens they rings should loosen up if not and it will not run after you shut it off then you have low compression. This is assuming you know you have a blue spark to the plug and have cleaned and gapped the plug or plugs. If you need more help psot here and reply tothe e-mail you recieved with this. Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 07, 2015 | Toyota Camry Cars & Trucks
Jul 05, 2014 | 2005 Harley Davidson VRSCA V-Rod
Jun 10, 2014 | Boating
Jun 16, 2012 | Mitsubishi Cars & Trucks
Apr 24, 2010 | 2000 Ford Focus
Mar 16, 2010 | 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
Oct 09, 2009 | 2005 kawasaki VN 800 Vulcan Classic
Jan 01, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: