Question about 2008 kawasaki KLX 110
110 pit bike sputtering and backfiring @
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage check for spark leakage in the dark.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
9. Improper valve clearance (too tight).
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
klx 110 popping backfiring
KLX 110 popping backfiring
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
2008 Kawasaki KLX110 Owner Manual
Posted on May 19, 2018
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It should be below. Not to sound rude, but I think you could have figured this one out yourself. You sound like a smart guy.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
SOURCE: no spark
there are 2 wires that go to the kill switch. bare them both and put a jumper between the 2 to insure insure its not a switch falure. if you get spark, get a new switch or continue with the jumper. be sure to keep the bare wires from touching metal or youll just ground it out again and it wont start
Posted on Feb 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 25, 2014 | Motorcycles
Aug 19, 2014 | kawasaki 2008 Brute Force 750 4x4i
Apr 04, 2014 | 2008 kawasaki KLX 110
Nov 01, 2017 | 2008 kawasaki KLX 110
Sep 20, 2012 | 2007 kawasaki KLX 250
Jun 26, 2011 | 2005 kawasaki KLX 110
May 25, 2011 | 2005 kawasaki KLX 125
May 20, 2010 | Motorcycles
Apr 20, 2010 | 2008 kawasaki KLX 110
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: