Question about 2007 Bajaj Platina
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, the following tips are low cost easy to apply/install and guaranteed to give you better gas mileage and a smoother running bike. The average motorcycle gets 35-40 MPG. saving .2 gallon of gas could save you a 6-mile walk. 125cc scooters have been known to get 115 plus MPG
1. Proper tire inflation as per MFG. specifications wheels should be balanced and spokes tight.
2. Oil and coolant levels maintained at full marks, low levels produce excessive heat that causes the engine to work harder and reduces efficiency.
3. Keep extra weight to a minimum.
4. Take off from a dead stop should be smooth and easy throttle applied avoid excessive throttle snaps.
5. Smaller windshields get better MPH than large ones, wind resistance increases as a square of the speed at which you're traveling. So, for example, at 70 mph, wind resistance is double what it is at 50 mph (70 squared is almost twice as much as 50 squared). That will dramatically reduce your mileage. Keep that in mind while biking.
6. Keep idle time to a bare minimum or turn off the engine.
7. Re-jet carburetor with a smaller main and mid-range jet.
8. Keep chain/belt properly adjusted.
9. Avoid quick braking, hasty acceleration, high-speed driving, try driving the speed limit and keep a constant speed.
10. On long trips use freeways or flat straight stretches of highways rather than city or rural routes avoid hills and mountains when possible.
11. Keep your engine clean, dirt and grease/oil hold in heat.
12. A full-face helmet is more aerodynamic than other types of helmets. Any other clothing that decreases your aerodynamic should be reconsidered.
13. Any unnecessary bling on your bike is going to decrease fuel efficiency.
14. Use high-quality fuel using low-quality fuel can cause sludge in your fuel injectors.
15. Keep warm up time to a minimum get off the choke ASAP.
16. Motorcycles run best when their engines are maintained, and that includes making sure the air filter is clean, the spark plugs are fresh, the fuel filter is free, and the timing/valves are adjusted.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
http://www.marutibajaj.com/pdf/platina125-jk-block-2010.pdf Bajaj Auto Platina Alloy Wheel Es User Manual
Posted on Nov 21, 2015
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: How to tune-up bajaj platina
The only thing you do is change out the spark plugs being sure to check each spark plug gap and adjust if neccessary and also the replacement of the air filter, also keep track of the proper oil change intervals. Keeping fresh oil in a bike is more important to horse power and fuel economy than some may think.
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2014 | 2007 Bajaj Platina
Jan 25, 2014 | 2007 Bajaj Platina
Aug 07, 2013 | 2007 Bajaj Platina
Sep 03, 2012 | 2007 Bajaj Platina
Jul 20, 2011 | 2007 Bajaj Platina
Apr 11, 2011 | 2007 Bajaj Platina
Apr 13, 2010 | 2007 Bajaj Platina
Jan 19, 2010 | 2007 Bajaj Platina
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: