Question about 2005 Yamaha yZ 85
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system, carburetor and/or filter.
12. Old dead or bad fuel.
13. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carburetor vent line closed off.
14. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
15. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
16. Damaged carburetor.
17. Incorrect valve timing.
18. Weak or broken valve springs.
19. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
20. Check for engine trouble codes
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
Dirt Rider Magazine
KDXRIDER NET View topic Sputtering in 1st and 2nd
YAMAHA YZ85 Owner Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA YZ85 Owner Manual
Posted on Dec 14, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Posted on Mar 17, 2009
Two possible causes, 1. First gear has been stripped and will need replacing, or two the selector is not engaging the gear. Get yourself a manual, I can't help you but you can have a look any way:
After assessing the situation you have to make a decision as to your approach. With a manual, sometimes it is good just to inspect the problem area, but i feel you might need professional help.
Posted on Jan 28, 2010
SOURCE: gear wont change from 1st
The bike has some bent shift forks. The repair is pretty major and requires some special tools. I include a generic diagram to show how the shift forks move left and right to move a slider gear into different gears. Please rate my answer. Thanks!
Posted on Mar 29, 2011
Testimonial: "thank you very much for your help.A++++++++++"
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 07, 2013 | 2005 Yamaha yZ 85
Feb 16, 2011 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 250
Jan 27, 2010 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 250
Jan 05, 2010 | 2004 Yamaha YZ 250 F
Sep 13, 2009 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
Jun 28, 2009 | 1994 Ford Explorer Limited
Mar 16, 2009 | 1990 Mazda MX-5
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: