Question about 1989 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
Gday l have a 1989 250 virago runs well up till arround 80klm when you sit on 100klm or more the bike will die and stop you need to wait a while then bike starts ok will sit o 80klm or less again when you increase speed the bike continues to loose power or stop and you start the process all over again ,l think its fuel is it carb or fuel pump ect please email firstname.lastname@example.org l am lost thanks to all for help
Hi, Austparts and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
11. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
12. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
13. Fuel tank empty.
14. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
15. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
16. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
17. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Virago XV250 Choke and Idle Problem Premium fuel
engine stalls or dies suddenly help please
OEM parts for Yamaha
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jul 04, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 95 xv750 Virago fuel leak
Probabilly a stuk carburettor float or needle.
Try to solve this problem to gently tap on the carburettor bodies. If this doesn't help you have to clean out the carburettors, and/or replace the float neeldes
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
1 maybe there is a diaghfram tear at your carb only 1 is funtioning and 1 block engine is running but under power
2.check your fuel line from tank to fuel filter then pump then carb
probally there is a debrie stuck in the pipe line or in your tank
Posted on May 11, 2009
Sounds like a fueling problem either water in the carbs or the fuel flow from the tap is insufficient. If there is a vacuum pipe it may have been dislodged or holed.
Please mark this as useful (if it has been!!)
Posted on Aug 03, 2009
Did you try to increase the idling adjustment screw?
Check the spark plugs for its condition and thn reset the air-mixture screw.
Standard procedure for setting air-mixture screw...tight it all the way in, taking care to not over tighten or the tip of the screw may be damaged, thn turn outwards 2 & half to 3 turns, start your bike's engine ,run it to normal temp. and the reset the screw + - alittle either way and you should notice the difference in the idling and all.
Its better too, to also check the valve clearance !
Hope this helps!
Posted on Dec 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 13, 2012 | 1989 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
Jun 17, 2012 | 2002 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
May 15, 2010 | 2002 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
Nov 07, 2009 | 1989 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
Nov 07, 2009 | 1989 Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S
May 29, 2009 | 1989 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
350 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: