Question about 2005 Honda CBR 1100 XX Super blackbird
Hi my 2005 blackbird will not start I have replaced the hiss kit but this still has not solved the problem it turns over but there is no fuel or spark I wondered if it could possibly be the knock sensor as the bike has been bounced about while trying to get it into my garden and if so where is the knock sensor located @
Hi, Mark and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Compression below 75 PSI.
15. A stuck-bent-burnt valve.
16. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
17. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
18. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
19. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections are loose or connected to the wrong cylinders.
20. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
21. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
22. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
23. Faulty or corroded run/stop switch.
24. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
25. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
26. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Turning over but not starting Suspect HISS
HONDA CBR WONT START TRY THESE TIPS
1999 2002 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird Service Manual Moto Data Project
Honda CBR1100XX Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Dec 07, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
HAS TWO KNOCK SENSORS they are both under intake in valley of engine. remove intake and will see two black grommets they are under those best to replace both at same time
Posted on Jan 26, 2009
SOURCE: Engine does not start
JUST A SHOT IN THE DARK ON THIS.
TRY DISCONECTING THE POSITIVE POWER CABLE ON YOUR BATTERY,AND WAIT TEN OR TWENTY MIN.THEN PUT THE POSITTIVE BACK ON IT.
SEE IF THAT WILL RESET IT.
HOPE THIS HELPS
Posted on Feb 26, 2009
Hi! You must be frustrated by now! your code is marking that the O2 sensor is bad in bank 1. Did you replace the O2 sensor that is located before the catalytic converter? The S10 has an O2 sensor specially made for that cat. its about 30$ That would explain for your blackened spark plugs; your pc on the car is asking for more fuel. GOOD LUCK!!
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 16, 2018 | 2006 Honda CBR 1100 XX Super Blackbird
Sep 15, 2018 | 2002 Honda CBR 1100 XX Super blackbird
May 12, 2014 | 2005 Honda CBR 1100 XX Super blackbird
Apr 13, 2014 | 2000 Honda CBR 1100 XX Super blackbird
Jun 17, 2013 | 1997 Honda CBR 1100 XX Super blackbird
Aug 01, 2012 | 2001 Honda CBR 1100 XX Super blackbird
Jun 17, 2012 | 1999 Honda CBR 1100 XX Super blackbird
Aug 24, 2011 | 2003 Honda CBR 1100 XX Super blackbird
Mar 24, 2011 | 1999 Honda CBR 1100 XX Super blackbird
Aug 01, 2010 | 2002 Honda CBR 1100 XX Super blackbird
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: