Question about 2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50
1) Fork height of C50 vs Harley fat boy
2) Fork angle of C50 vs Harley fat boy
3) When does C 50 need engine works (Piston/re boring/major engine works)
4) Most common engine/maintenance problems in C50( 2005-2009)
5) Is worth buying used C50 with 7000 miles on it, how long it can be expected to run problem free (with respect to miles)
Thanks in advance!
1) Can not find this spec.
2) C50 rake is 33 degrees, Fat Boy's is 32.
3) Many have had over 50k miles without any major engine work. Luck and riding conditions determine this to a large degree, but I would say that most need to start thinking about valve/ring work at 60K.
4)Valve adjustment recommended at every 7500 miles; about a 4-hour backyard job, but doable without any real specialized tools. (I've been letting mine slide for 19k, just because it's been running so good!) Cam chain tensioner failures have been reported, but this seems to be the exception, and the use of synthetic oil may lessen the chances, Problems with water getting to the rear shaft splines have prompted owners to pull them and add Molybdenum paste at each rear tire change, and this requires replacing the oil seal- about $11.
5) Depends on current mileage and price, but with a modicum of proper care, you could expect 50k miles of riding without major issues.
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
FIRST remove the front wheel and brake caliper.
SECOND remove the front fender
THIRD remove the slider tube cap, spacer and oil seal from the top of one fork side.
FOURTH loosen the pinch bolt and pull the fork side from the brackets.
FIFTH repeat Steps 3 and 4 for the other fork side.
Jun 17, 2014 | 2007 Harley Davidson FLSTF Softail Fat Boy
May 13, 2013 | 2011 Harley Davidson FLSTFB Fat Boy Lo
Apr 13, 2013 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat boy
May 05, 2012 | 1993 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fat boy
Mar 05, 2011 | Harley Davidson FLSTF - FLSTFI Fat Boy...
Sep 07, 2010 | 2003 Harley Davidson FLSTFI Fat Boy
May 16, 2009 | 2003 Honda VTX 1800 Retro Spoke
Apr 23, 2009 | 2001 Harley Davidson FLSTF - FLSTFI Fat...
405 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: