Question about 2002 Buell Blast
My 2002 buell blast, will not run faster than 50mph in third gear. If I shift into fourth it boggs and my speed quickly decreases. Other than that it runs fine, starts right up, ect. Plug, ignition wire, air filter all new. Help?
Open up your gas cap, vapor lock does occur occasionally & then replace & make sure you check the over flow leaving from gas cap also for kinks. Also check your battery might need a new 1. Last that hasn't been covered check to make sure your sparkplug wire didn't come off the to of your sparkplug or ignition box . GooD luck keep the ThumpeR AliVe
Posted on Sep 26, 2015
Sounds like fuel starvation...Check 4 kinks in fuel lineand/or dirt in petcock...replace any fuel filter u might find...did u gap ur plugs properly? run premium fuel and a 1/2 bottle of Sea Foam or Techroline thru the next 2 tanks of gas....Good luck to you friend....Tim
Posted on May 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1-2 Shift Solenoid Valve
3-4 Shift Valve Bore Plug
Burned, slipping, missing
4th Servo Cover
4th Servo Pin
4th Servo Piston
4th Servo Seals
Rolled, cut or damaged
Slipping or No Fourth Gear
Slipping or No Fourth Gear Checks
DEFINITION: A large engine RPM increase is noted in fourth gear, Drive range, with little or no vehicle forward speed increase. First, second, and third gear operation are normal. Shifts into fourth gear are soft or do not occur. Fourth gear ratio is 0.705:1.
Automatic Transmission Fluid Level
Low fluid level
Transmission Main Line Pressure
Low transmission main line pressure
Oil Filter Assembly
• The oil filter assembly (100) is missing, plugged, or damaged.
• The oil filter seal assembly (101) is missing or is damaged.
Control Valve Body Assembly
• The 3-4 shift valve (362) or the 4-3 manual downshift valve (360) is stuck or binding.
• Debris is found in the passages of the control valve body (301) or of the control valve body spacer plate and gasket assembly (396)
Case Cover Assembly
Distortion or damage occurs at the manual valve (404) or at the case cover (401), causing PRN oil leak.
Driven Sprocket Support Assembly
A plugged third clutch oil passage in the driven sprocket support assembly (609)
Fourth Clutch Assembly
• The clutch plates (500-502) are worn, damaged, or misassembled.
• A missing or not seated fourth clutch spring retaining ring (601)
• A damaged spring assembly (602) or piston (603)
• Worn or damaged fourth clutch piston seals (604, 605)
Third Clutch Sprag Assembly
• The sprag (720) was misassembled or backwards on the inner race (661).
• A damaged third clutch sprag assembly (653, 661, 719-721)
Dec 06, 2015 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Dec 19, 2014 | 2006 Hyundai Tiburon
Nov 07, 2013 | 2008 Buell Blast
May 11, 2012 | Buell Blast Motorcycles
May 05, 2012 | 2002 Buell Blast
Jan 18, 2012 | 2005 Buell Blast
Oct 22, 2010 | Buell Blast Motorcycles
Sep 06, 2009 | 2002 Buell Blast
267 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: