Question about 2004 Yamaha PW 80
Yamaha PW80 got spark won't start@
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
PW80 no start
What to Do Check When Dirt Bike Won Start
YAMAHA PW80 Owner Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA PW80 Owner Manual
Posted on Oct 14, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 31, 2017 | 2004 Yamaha PW 80
May 13, 2014 | 2004 Yamaha PW 80
Nov 12, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha PW 80
Oct 24, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha PW 80
Jul 18, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha PW 80
May 14, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha PW 80
Mar 26, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha PW 80
Dec 18, 2011 | 2004 Yamaha PW 80
Jun 15, 2011 | 2004 Yamaha PW 80
Mar 30, 2011 | 2004 Yamaha PW 80
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: