Question about 1997 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous if your headlight is not working, only one beam works, keeps burning out, blinking, dim or surges from bright to dim to bright the first thing you need to check is the headlight bulb for damaged filaments then check your light circuit fuse, then check your head light bulb socket ground wire for a clean tight connection, that being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty ground or power supply wire to headlight bulb socket.
2. Worn down solder contacts or loose fit of the bulb base in the socket due to vibration.
3. Worn, chaffed, or broken wires in the light circuit.
4. Corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets in wire connectors.
5. Faulty hi/lo beam switch.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Fuse is good but no continuity on both sides.
8. Faulty headlight relay.
9. Faulty wiring between battery positive and headlight bulb socket.
10. Weak charging alternator/generator/lighting coil.
11. Faulty voltage regulator/rectifier ground or overcharging.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Installing HID light on Honda Shadow
Honda shadow vt1100 Owners Workshop Manual
Honda VT1100C2 Owner Manual Page 3
Posted on Jul 11, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 25, 2015 | 1997 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
May 29, 2014 | 2001 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Nov 22, 2013 | Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre Motorcycles
Sep 18, 2013 | 2005 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Sep 13, 2013 | 2005 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Aug 12, 2013 | 2000 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Dec 14, 2012 | 2004 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Jun 08, 2012 | 2005 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
Mar 29, 2012 | 1997 Honda VT 1100 C2 Shadow Sabre
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: