Question about 2008 Cagiva Mito 125
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
8. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
9. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
10. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or sensors (MAP, CMP, CKP, O2 and/or BAS).
11. Security alarm needs a reset.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
CAGIVA MITO 125
Cagiva Mito Starting problem
Cagiva MITO EURO2 125 2004 parts OEM Motorparts
Posted on Dec 31, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Starting problem
You probably need to add water to the battery or the battery is getting weak and needs to be replaced. Water should cover the top of the battery plates. Get a 1 or 2 amp trickle charger and charge the battery for a few hours.
The problem may now go away.
If it continues then put a volt ohm meter on the battery and see what voltage is present when revving the engine. The voltage should be about 2 volts higher than the listed battery voltage, as in 6v now 8v / 12v now 14v.
If not, have the dealer check the stator and rectifier/regulator.
Please rate this solution. (four diamonds would be nice) Thanks!
Posted on Apr 05, 2009
Try contacting Piaggio who now own cagiva, directory enquires .Piaggio head office please.then give the frame number usually by the steering stem.
Posted on Mar 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 05, 2012 | Cagiva Mito 125 Motorcycles
Jul 13, 2012 | Cagiva Mito 125 Evoluzione Motorcycles
Aug 14, 2011 | Cagiva Mito 125 Motorcycles
Jun 01, 2011 | Cagiva FZ6 ABS Motorcycles
Aug 29, 2010 | 2003 Cagiva Mito 125 Evoluzione
Jul 04, 2010 | 1993 Cagiva Supercity 125
Mar 13, 2010 | 1991 Cagiva Mito 125 - Lawson
Mar 13, 2010 | 1992 Cagiva W 12
Sep 04, 2009 | 1991 Cagiva Mito 125 - Lawson
Nov 10, 2008 | 1998 Aprilia RS 125 Extrema
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: