Question about 2004 Honda CBR 600 RR
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous it should be noted that the reasons your check engine light constant or flashing, will or will not start, turns over or not conditions varies from the year, make, and model and you should always refer to your owners/service manual for proper diagnostic procedures. It should also be noted that any type of prior work or event IE: adding accessories, electrical curiosity/adventures, laying bike down/crashes, rainstorms/bike washings just before EFI light issues started can be significant hints/aids into tracking down the gremlin, also carry the appropriate jumper wire to access fault codes to reduce the risk of being stranded or towed, that being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty Fuel Pump, fuse or system relay switch.
2. Battery starting to fail due to old age/damage, perform a load test.
3. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Faulty switches/sensors: run/off, ignition, clutch lever, neutral, side stand, tip over, fuel, and or their connections.
5. Broken wire or worn insulation exposing wire to a ground situation especially inside wire harness at tight bends around fairing brackets, under dash panels, under fuel tanks over cylinder heads etc. Many harnesses are open on the ends that will allow water to enter and accumulate at v-bends.
6. Check for generated fault codes.
Dielectric grease and contact cleaner are your best friends for wire/cable/harness connectors, look for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Check Engine Light Flashes
Honda Motorcycles Fault Codes Motorcycle Manuals PDF
2003 2004 Honda CBR600RR Service Manual Moto Data Project
Honda CB Owners Manuals
Posted on Jun 19, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2015 | 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR
Nov 11, 2013 | 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mar 22, 2013 | 2004 Honda CBR 600 RR
May 14, 2012 | 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mar 28, 2012 | 2006 Honda CBR 600 RR
Dec 13, 2011 | 2003 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mar 16, 2011 | Honda CBR 600 RR Motorcycles
Jun 27, 2010 | 2004 Honda CBR 600 RR
Jan 22, 2009 | 2004 Honda CBR 600 RR
Aug 22, 2017 | Motorcycles
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: