Question about 2005 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Backfires & wont run properly
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Yamaha Star 1100
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on May 05, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Check to make sure your getting gas by pulling off the hose, if no gas comes out your petcock is clogged. If this is the case blow air up into the hose, and if gas comes out now your tank has to be cleaned out.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2014 | 1985 Yamaha XJ 700 X Maxim
Feb 05, 2014 | Yamaha Royal Star XVZ 1300 A Motorcycles
Jan 09, 2014 | 2007 Yamaha yZ 250 F
May 07, 2012 | Yamaha Road Star Silverado Motorcycles
Apr 22, 2012 | 1999 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
Apr 05, 2012 | 1987 Yamaha YX 600 Radian
Apr 11, 2011 | 2002 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Jul 05, 2009 | 2001 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Jun 17, 2009 | 1989 Yamaha XV 535 Virago DX
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: