Question about Yamaha Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage check for spark leakage in the dark.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
YZ400F backfires wont idle dies YZ 400 426 450
YAMAHA WR400F Owner Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Dec 16, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
if it lives above 4000 ft then it will need re-jetting.
Is it stock or does it have a dynojet kit? If dynojet then you need the DJ130 main jet.
Posted on Jun 17, 2009
That is a car not a motorbike. Bikes only have 2 wheels. But you may want to set up the cam and ignition timing. it is only timing that will cause backfires.
Posted on May 28, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 13, 2013 | 2000 Yamaha WR 400 F
Feb 12, 2013 | 1999 Dodge Ram
Feb 10, 2013 | 2000 Yamaha WR 400 F
Oct 15, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha WR 400 F
May 19, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha WR 400 F
Apr 10, 2012 | Yamaha WR 400 F Motorcycles
Jan 14, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha WR 400 F
Jun 27, 2009 | 1999 GMC Yukon Denali
Jun 16, 2009 | 1999 kawasaki VN 800 A Vulcan
Jan 02, 2009 | 2000 Yamaha WR 400 F
Mar 29, 2013 | 2008 Yamaha TTR230
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: