Question about 2002 Yamaha V Star Classic
Removed spark plug cable and no power to it
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting / leaking, spark plug cable connections loose.
6. Faulty ignition coil or ignition / electronic module
7. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
10. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
no start or no spark
98 00 Yamaha XV650 Star Service Manual XVS650 Moto Data Project
OEM parts for Yamaha
Posted on Jun 06, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2017 | GAS Motorcycles
Apr 23, 2016 | Motorcycles
May 31, 2014 | 1985 Honda XR 600 R
Apr 16, 2014 | 2000 Yamaha DT 125 R
Jun 09, 2013 | Motorcycles
Mar 14, 2013 | Ducati Motorcycles
Sep 07, 2012 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Apr 24, 2017 | 1984 Honda VF 1100 Sabre
May 07, 2011 | Ducati Monster S2R Motorcycles
Jul 28, 2010 | 2002 Beta Alp 4T 200
13 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: