Question about Yamaha Motorcycles
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage check for spark leakage in the dark.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Viewing thread Problems With Running Backfire
1980 yamaha 850 backfiring Motorcycle Forum
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha XS850G Owner Manual
Posted on Dec 16, 2016
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2017 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Nov 03, 2016 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jun 29, 2014 | 1980 Yamaha XS 650 G
May 31, 2014 | 1980 Yamaha XS 650 G
May 09, 2014 | 1978 Yamaha XS 650 SE
Jan 02, 2012 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Sep 10, 2011 | Yamaha XS 650 SE Motorcycles
Nov 23, 2010 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jan 23, 2010 | 1978 Yamaha TX 750
Jun 25, 2009 | Yamaha Motorcycles
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: