Question about 1988 Honda CBR 750 Hurricane
My Honda 750 CBR Hurricane only spark on two plugs number 1 and 4 I check the number 2 coil and it is working, where can the problem be
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty pulse coil.
8. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
9. Faulty ignition switch.
10. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
11. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Testing Honda Coils and CDI boxes
88 Hurricane 600 No spark CBR Forum Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners
414results for hurricane manual
Honda CB Owners Manuals
Posted on Sep 25, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: No spark on the plugs
i had similar problem, try also the connection of the pin the goes up the spark plug lead, sometimes it has crud and grease up there causing no electrical surge to go thru
all the best
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 10, 2013 | 1988 Honda CBR 600 F Hurricane
Sep 11, 2013 | 1987 Honda CBR 600 F Hurricane
Sep 24, 2017 | 1988 Honda CBR 600 F Hurricane
Sep 17, 2011 | 1987 Honda CBR 600 F Hurricane
May 31, 2011 | 1987 Honda CBR 600 F Hurricane
Jan 16, 2011 | 1988 Honda CBR 600 F Hurricane
Jun 13, 2010 | 1988 Honda CBR 600 F Hurricane
Apr 01, 2010 | 1988 Honda CBR 400
Jul 13, 2009 | 1988 Honda CBR 600 F Hurricane
15 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: