Question about 2001 BMW R 1200 C
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. A severely drained battery.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Faulty main circuit breaker and or connections.
4. Faulty ignition coil and or connections.
5. Faulty spark plug, oil or gas fouled, wrong heat range or service type, wrong gap, loose in the cylinder head, broken electrode or insulator.
6. Faulty spark plug cables, leaking or broken, internal damage.
7. Faulty ignition module, switch, CKP, MAP, CMP, sensor and or any connector in the ignition circuit could have corroded, loose, or broken pins/sockets
8. Burnt exhaust valve or air leak in the exhaust system.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Exhaust backfire popping when letting off throttle Motorcycle Forum https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/downloads/R850C_1200C_repair.pdf BMW Motorcycle Parts Fiche OEM BMW Motorcycle Parts online 1970 present BMW
Posted on Dec 30, 2015
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
it sounds like its starving for fuel, when it runs lean you will get backfires and if its running rough then it may be starving for fuel at idle. Try adjusting you mixture screw and see it the engine will smoot out. Your carb my be dirty and not allowing enough fuel through it.
Feb 21, 2015 | Honda Motorcycles
Jun 03, 2013 | 2000 Chevrolet Silverado
Dec 20, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 28, 2012 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
May 28, 2012 | Buick Skylark Cars & Trucks
Nissan Pathfinder Backfires? http://technoanswers.blogspot.in/2012/02/nissan-pathfinder-backfires.html
---------How to adjust rpm? http://schematicsdiagram.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-to-adjust-rpm-on-2009-dodge-charger.html
------------Engine cuts out at 3000 RPM? http://schematicsdiagram.blogspot.com/2011/12/engine-cuts-out-at-3000-rpm.html
----------This will help.Thanks.
Feb 17, 2012 | 1992 Nissan Pickup
Jan 25, 2012 | 2000 Chevrolet Blazer
Jul 20, 2010 | 2002 Isuzu Axiom
Aug 17, 2009 | 1999 Pontiac Montana
Sep 26, 2017 | Motorcycles
72 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: