Question about 2004 Honda Silverwing 600
Honda Silverwing 600 engine dies for a moment and the HISS light, F1 warning light come on and the ABS light flashes. After split second or so, the engine kicks back in, all lights go out except for ABS.
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, stator, magneto, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
11. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
13. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
14. Fuel tank empty.
15. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
16. A failed fuel pump, pressure regulator and or fuel injectors.
17. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
18. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
19. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Posted on Sep 25, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It actually says "FI" for fuel injection. It is the equivalent of the check engine light in your car. There is a problem with the fuel injection system that will need to be addressed by the dealer.
i hope this helps
Posted on Oct 25, 2009
my gsxr 1000 k1 runs well when i am riding normally but when i start to race the engine and get to about 12000 revs the engine will cut out and then it will start again
Posted on Apr 29, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 02, 2015 | Honda Silverwing 600 ABS Motorcycles
Dec 22, 2012 | 2004 Honda Silverwing 600
Aug 10, 2012 | 2004 Honda Silverwing 600 ABS
May 08, 2012 | 2005 Honda Silverwing 600 ABS
May 08, 2012 | 2003 Honda Silverwing 600
Nov 13, 2010 | 2003 Honda Silverwing 600
Sep 26, 2010 | 2004 Honda Silverwing 600 ABS
Aug 06, 2010 | 2003 Honda Silverwing 600
Jul 03, 2010 | 2004 Honda Silverwing 600 ABS
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: